Finding a manufacturer with a vast regional footprint can positively affect your business’ sustainability, profitability and reputation. From faster delivery to lower transit costs, there are many advantages of looking for a partner with a multi-location supply chain.
- Faster Delivery – With multiple distribution centers strategically based across the country, manufacturers can move product at a faster pace and cut down delivery times. Instead of having one centralized location, you can localize operations closer to customers and suppliers and eliminate long distances.
- Lower Transportation Costs – With shorter distances, the cost of delivering products can significantly decrease. Transit times are cut down when you ship from a location closer to your buyer. Less time on the road for your shipping partners means more money in your pocket.
- Reduced Transport Emissions – Less time in transit also translates to less fuel use and lower carbon emissions. Reducing the number of miles traveled and unnecessary routes improves fuel efficiency and creates a more sustainable transportation system.
- Multiple Inventories – Having a network of distribution centers allows you to spread out your inventory across the country. This gives you a back-up system for when one location runs out of product, ships the wrong product or loses stock.
- Minimal Risk – Spreading stock also mitigates risk. This is particularly crucial when circumstances such as inclement weather or the need for a rush delivery come into play. By having multiple inventory across different warehouses, you can prevent delayed deliveries due to distance, weather or the number of additional stops a product must travel through.
Finding a partner with a multi-location supply chain will not only save you time and money, but it can help your business function more efficiently with smoother, more predictable deliveries.
Check out the most recent posts
A demonstrated commitment to environmentally friendly materials and business practices is a core component of sustainability.
Months into working from home, most people are familiar with joining video meetings and are starting to forget to double-check their background. Reassess your video set-up to ensure you are putting forth the right image.
According to Consumer Reports, 80% of American shoppers say they prefer to buy goods made in the United States. But, what does the “Made in the USA” designation really mean?
Whether you’re working from home or the office, here are four hacks to help make your workday worry-free.