Finding a manufacturer with a vast regional footprint can positively affect your business’ sustainability, profitability and reputation. From faster delivery to lower transit costs, there are many advantages of looking for a partner with a multi-location supply chain.
- Faster Delivery – With multiple distribution centers strategically based across the country, manufacturers can move product at a faster pace and cut down delivery times. Instead of having one centralized location, you can localize operations closer to customers and suppliers and eliminate long distances.
- Lower Transportation Costs – With shorter distances, the cost of delivering products can significantly decrease. Transit times are cut down when you ship from a location closer to your buyer. Less time on the road for your shipping partners means more money in your pocket.
- Reduced Transport Emissions – Less time in transit also translates to less fuel use and lower carbon emissions. Reducing the number of miles traveled and unnecessary routes improves fuel efficiency and creates a more sustainable transportation system.
- Multiple Inventories – Having a network of distribution centers allows you to spread out your inventory across the country. This gives you a back-up system for when one location runs out of product, ships the wrong product or loses stock.
- Minimal Risk – Spreading stock also mitigates risk. This is particularly crucial when circumstances such as inclement weather or the need for a rush delivery come into play. By having multiple inventory across different warehouses, you can prevent delayed deliveries due to distance, weather or the number of additional stops a product must travel through.
Finding a partner with a multi-location supply chain will not only save you time and money, but it can help your business function more efficiently with smoother, more predictable deliveries.
Check out the most recent posts
Whether working at home or in the office, your filing system can support the management and growth of your business – if implemented the right way. Here are five essential elements to creating an office filing system that works.
During the first quarter of the year, you may find yourself working on projects that call for recapping the work you’ve accomplished over the last year. This usually means creating reports and presentations that share data and information in a meaningful and well-thought out way.
For many business owners, saving money is a priority, especially as the country continues to weather the COVID-19 pandemic.
Do you know what causes paper jams? If not, you’re not alone. According to a recent survey by Boise Paper, more than 50% of office paper buyers believe that equipment malfunctions most often cause paper jams. In fact, low-quality paper is often to blame – a fact known by only 26% of buyers in the survey.